Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: looking at DV software

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Bowfinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know whether to purchase Pinnacle 9 full edition from the SE. How good is the colour correction?

    I am looking to change the colour temperature of my footage. ADOBE VIDEO COLLECTION priced at over ?1000 will let me do this. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 23, 2004 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Bowfinger ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    cheapest alternative? *cough* and stay legal? *cough*

    I think Pinnacle 9 is about ?150 (maybe?), I've never used it, so I can't comment on it.
    I've been using Premiere Pro, and that has some really nice features in there, including the Colour Correction, which was sorely missed from previous version of Premiere.

    Everyone has their favourite video tools... try downloading the 30-day trials, then think about which one you want to go for.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty sure Sony Vegas Video can do colour correction. If you're editing DV and want a really flexible solution for the Windows platform this is what I'd get.

    It's software only so is ultra reliable (I always found hardware add-ins for realtime effects clumsy) but does need a pretty decent PC. It's certainly cheaper than ?1000. And it's audio plugins are the best I've ever come across on any platform (due to it's Sonic Foundry ancestry).

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 24, 2004 03:06 AM: Message edited by: miker ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Bowfinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Amazon is selling Adobe Premiere 1.5 for ?455.99
    7 hours to download free trial.

    Anyone know where I can get a trial disc?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member chinnyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2001
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    You might as well download it off of kazaa. I know it sounds bad, but I'm sure you are hardly in the business of paying full whack for a piece of software like Premiere Pro. It is the best software that I have ever used... and can be 'obtained' through p2p software, at your own risk. Say no more, I can hear the sirens!

    Kazaa

  6. #6
    Inactive Member chinnyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2001
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oops forgot to add... of course when you have enough money to buy the product, then you purchase the full license. You better do though... else you won;'t get through the pearly gates!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •